The Zimbabwe National Committee will begin accepting applications for September 2019 Entry (January 2020 Entry for Waterford kaMhlaba in Swaziland) as soon as the November 2018 IGCSE and ZimSec results are released.
The deadline is 20 February 2019.
To apply, please submit:
- A copy of the O-level results transcript (either ZimSec or IGCSE)
- A cover letter, detailing your motivation for applying to UWC and interest in UWC ideals. Why would you like to go to UWC? What makes you a strong candidate? How do you live the UWC ideals in your own life? (250 – 500 words)
- Your biography: details about your family history and context and how this has shaped you, as well as any activities and achievements that are important to you. (250 – 500 words)
- 2 Recommendation letters from school or community leaders (can be a teacher, headmaster, pastor, sport coach, activity leader). It is a good idea to ask someone who knows you well enough to give a strong reflection of your character.
- Contact details. Most importantly, an email address and phone number where you can be reached immediately.
- Optional: A creative portfolio - to be included only if it strengthens the candidate's application. This is open to a variety of formats, including video, text, artwork, photographs and music.
The applications can be posted/delivered to:
UWC Zimbabwe National Committee
38 Broadlands Road, P.O. Box EH 49
Emerald Hill, Harare
Or emailed to email@example.com (recommended).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No application materials will be returned.