NB These are the instructions for 2020 applicants. We will publish the instructions for 2021 applicants in January 2021.
The Zimbabwe National Committee will begin accepting applications for September 2020 Entry (January 2021 Entry for Waterford kaMhlaba in Swaziland) as soon as the November 2019 IGCSE and ZimSec O-Level results are released.
The deadline is 5 February 2020.
To apply, please submit:
- A copy of the O-level results transcript (either ZimSec or IGCSE)
- A cover letter, detailing your motivation for applying to UWC and interest in UWC ideals. Why would you like to go to UWC? What makes you a strong candidate? How do you live the UWC ideals in your own life? (at least 400 words)
- Your biography: details about your family history and context and how this has shaped you, as well as any activities and achievements that are important to you. (at least 400 words)
- 2 Recommendation letters from school or community leaders (can be a teacher, headmaster, pastor, sport coach, activity leader). It is a good idea to ask someone who knows you well enough to give a strong reflection of your character.
- Contact details. It is important that you can be contacted quickly. Please leave at least two phone numbers and an email address.
- Optional: A creative portfolio - to be included only if it strengthens the candidate's application. This is open to a variety of formats, including video, text, artwork, photography and music.
The applications can be posted/delivered to:
UWC Zimbabwe National Committee
38 Broadlands Road, P.O. Box EH 49
Emerald Hill, Harare
Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No application materials will be returned.